[Sugar-devel] ASLO vs. wiki.laptop.org activities

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Jun 19 18:50:07 EDT 2009

On 19 Jun 2009, at 23:06, David Farning wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:37 AM, S Page<skierpage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:19 AM, James Simmons<jim.simmons at walgreens.com
>> > wrote:
>>> I've also replaced the contents of the
>>> old wiki.laptop.org with a link to ASLO.
>>
>> That's a little too short and doesn't categorize the page, making it
>> hard to find in the future.  Until someone {{obsolete}}s all the
>> lists
>> and categories of activites on w.l.o, I suggest using the {{Activity
>> migrated to sl.o}} template; I did so on
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Read_Etexts , hope that's OK.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:13 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org
>> > wrote:
>>> You can also point directly to the Read Etexts
>>> activity on ASLO with
>>>
>>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/addon/4035
>>>
>>> and you can point to the download with
>>>
>>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/downloads/latest/4035
>>
>> The current http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Activity_migrated_to_sl.o
>> doesn't distinguish these, but if you want it to have an
>> activity=http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/addon/4035 parameter
>> in
>> addition to homepage= | download= | git= , let me know or hack it
>> yourself.
>
> I changed the wording at
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Activity_migrated_to_sl.o

I just wanted to note one small (I hope) item:
	download=http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/addon/''NNN''
The "NNN" seems to suggest a release version number. In the hopes of
reducing multiple wiki maintenance updates for authors I've just used
this field (in Moon) as a string to represent the activity name.
Perhaps this would be tweaked as well.

Regards,
--Gary