[Sugar-devel] ASLO vs. wiki.laptop.org activities

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 19 18:06:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:37 AM, S Page<skierpage at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:19 AM, James Simmons<jim.simmons at walgreens.com> wrote:
>> I've also replaced the contents of the
>> old wiki.laptop.org with a link to ASLO.
>
> That's a little too short and doesn't categorize the page, making it
> hard to find in the future.  Until someone {{obsolete}}s all the lists
> and categories of activites on w.l.o, I suggest using the {{Activity
> migrated to sl.o}} template; I did so on
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Read_Etexts , hope that's OK.
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 9:13 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> You can also point directly to the Read Etexts
>> activity on ASLO with
>>
>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/addon/4035
>>
>> and you can point to the download with
>>
>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/downloads/latest/4035
>
> The current http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Activity_migrated_to_sl.o
> doesn't distinguish these, but if you want it to have an
> activity=http://activities.sugarlabs.org/sugar/addon/4035 parameter in
> addition to homepage= | download= | git= , let me know or hack it
> yourself.

I changed the wording at

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Activity_migrated_to_sl.o

"This activity in now hosted at the Sugar Labs Activities Portal."

Would you mind working on

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Template:Activity

so we can denote that the activity is host at the Activities Portal?
That way, if we add an activity_number variable the template header
and download link will automatically point to the correct locations.

thanks
david