[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Fwd: [Marketing] Press release flurry planning (LinuxTag - FOSSED - NECC - GUADEC)

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Jun 18 20:50:18 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:17:09AM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> I'm having difficulty with this launch (which was originally planned
> for three months from now :-)
>
> We're making it, but it's a pressure situation...

"It'd be nice" was meant without its usual sarcastic implication,
sorry.  I did mean "I look forward to all the clarity we can get
(reasonably, considering volunteers are doing it) around the critical
subject of marketing direction / branding so the rest of us can move
forward with and worry about coding rather than higher-level debates".
In retrospect I should've tried to unpack that a bit from "It'd be
nice".

BTW, "it'd be nice"[1] to have a clarification of a) SL's relationship
to SoaS[2]; and b) "SoaS"[3] sometime :).

Martin

1. ibid.
2. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Project_Goals
3. http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick#Introduction