[Sugar-devel] browse on devxo-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jun 17 17:38:53 EDT 2009

Tried launching Browse (108) on devxo-1.  Failed.  The error message
(on webactivity.py line 35) - "ImportError: No module named gnome".

I compared Soas2-20090614 (on which Browse launched) against devxo-1
(on which Browse did not launch).  No difference in the source files
in the Browse.activity subtree.  In neither build version could I
find a separate module named 'gnome.py' -- my guess is that this is
a 'built-in' somewhere (kernel?).

The 'import gnome' line was added by sugarlabs/ticket/456.  I have
no idea why that line worked on Soas-20090624, but not on devxo-1.

mikus