[Sugar-devel] webkit, hulahop; developing apps using browser engine DOM for widgets

Mihai Sucan mihai.sucan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 04:46:15 EDT 2009

Hello!

Le Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:23:38 +0300, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> a écrit:

> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Bobby Powers<bobbypowers at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> While not hand-tuned, I believe on the latest rawhide-xo images (and
>> Fedora 11) you can download
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~bobbyp/surf/Surf-106.xo
>> for a WebKit based browsing experience.  The packages pywebkitgtk and
>> webkitgtk need to be installed, which they are on rawhide-xo.  Its a
>> little rough around the edges (no autocomplete in the address bar, no
>> downloads), but generally seems to work well.
>
> Excellent! Two questions,
>
>  - Do you know if it applies the funny scaling rule ("render @ 200dpi,
> but scale as if the screen was 134dpi")?
>  - Can we apply a patch that implements the 'School Server Moodle'
> integration?
>
> Mihai -- maybe you could install rawhide-xo on one of your XOs, add
> Surf.xo and see how Paintweb performs?

This sounds like great news. I am really curious how much faster can
Webkit really be on the XO.

I will test when I have time. Currently I want to complete the GUI, do the
packaging and generate the jsdoc pages for PaintWeb - all for the purpose
of being ready to do the actual Moodle integration as soon as possible.

Thanks for the email - this is going to be something quite important on
the XO.

Best regards,
Mihai

--