[Sugar-devel] [Bookreader] Epub and Read

Rebecca Hargrave Malamud webchick at invisible.net
Mon Jun 15 12:04:52 EDT 2009

Great!

I just got back from an Open Library developers meeting last week,
but did not get the opportunity to talk to Peter (I attended the
second week of the conference) - although I did talk to Raj Kumar
about the state of GnuBook integration and the XO.

I definitely want to support existing work with an eye on the future,
so we will create bundles using the formats that are currently
supported, plus do some next-step development. My understanding is
that if we use any of the formats that you listed our only option for
distribution will be web-based (or OLPC server-based), as the XO-1
machines will not have the capacity to store the data.

Best regards,

Rebecca Malamud

PS. is a link available for the OPDS mailing list?