[Sugar-devel] Getting Sugar to run on certain mac chipsets

Amir Ansari amir at open-edu.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 15:24:16 EDT 2009

Hi Caroline

I can only think of three ways of doing this:

1.  Offer a Mac-specific SoaS;
2.  Add an extra option to the boot menu to allow Mac booting;
3.  Use a (modified?) initrd to try to detect whether the computer is
a Mac, after the bootloader but before loading the full kernel, and
then boot accordingly with the correct kernel option. I've
experimented with initial ramdisks, but I don't recall this being
possible...

I'll be able to investigate this in more detail next week. Does anyone
else have a better solution...?

Amir