[Sugar-devel] ASLO vs. wiki.laptop.org activities

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:55:10 EDT 2009

AFAIK, there is not a mechanism in ASLO to replace the updater yet.
Something to think about. But it may make more sense in the long run
to have individual organizations maintain lists that point to the
proper versions of activities that they want included/updated rather
than centralizing it on WLO or WSLO.

Apologies for all the acronyms.

-walter

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Chris Ball<cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>   > The Sugar Labs Activities Portal seems to be holding up pretty
>   > well under load.  My suggestion would be to start phasing out the
>   > activities pages on w.lt.o
>
> Are you just talking about http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ActivityName, or
> the http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/* pages too?
>
> My understanding is the software updater stil uses the latter pages
> because there isn't an equivalent in ASLO.  Is that right?  (SoaS
> includes the software updater, so we shouldn't break it by removing
> those pages before there's an ASLO equivalent.)
>
> - Chris.
> --
> Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>

Walter Bender