[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jun 17 08:25:30 EDT 2009

On 17.06.2009, at 14:09, Martin Dengler wrote:

> No, that's not the problem.  It's people that don't know that they
> don't know what they're doing.  My point is that I think we're
> worrying about people that a) want to be testers; and b) are so keen
> that they go copy-nanding (after getting a devkey, etc.) without
> understanding what they're doing.  As I'm saying I don't think there
> are enough people like that on IAEP/sugar-devel to worry about, and
> you're saying there are (IIUC).

I for one would *hope* that on the IAEP list many people do
participate who are not necessarily familiar with technical details,
but who care deeply about education. Care so much in fact that they
are not even detained by these awkward instructions when they try to
help. In know there were such people in the OLPC community, and
hopefully we are not driving them away by too much tech-talk that is
only remotely related to the actual educational goals of the project.

> Well, I'm happy to leave it at that.

Me too.

- Bert -