[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Jun 17 06:56:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:41:05PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >What if we developers only announce in developer-oriented forums and
> >someone else (marketing team?) takes the task of communicating it to
> >end users?
[...]
> I suggest transforming it into this instead:
>
> Beware of the target audience of the list you post to.  If you are
> unsure if your message could be misinterpreted (e.g. if you are a
> geek with a message to end users) then consider passing it through
> someone more devoted to communicating (e.g. the marketing team).

Good point, but I think the audience involved has self-selecting down
to "developer <-> tester".

I don't think we need to be worried about anyone else.  Do we need to
worry about a person, who a) doesn't understand copy-nand but b) is
subscribed to IAEP, suddenly deciding that they'll run mysterious
commands on huge downloaded files and end up with something they
didn't expect?  I don't think that more than a handful of people will
do that, if that.

> Kind regards,
>
>   - Jonas

Martin