[Sugar-devel] testing composition for speeding up graphics performance

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Jun 17 03:43:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:39:30PM +0100, Lucian Branescu wrote:
> I've put xcompmgr -a & in my .xsession file

I've had ti there for a while too.

> and everything works great. I haven't seen any artefacts anywhere in
> fact.

Please change the volume from Terminal and observe the speaker icon's
lack of updates.  It should update at least when the Frame is shown:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/blobs/master/extensions/deviceicon/speaker.py#line51

I doubt this is the only code that depends on expose events being
fired.  Unfortunately, the lack of an expose event is a hard problem
to solve.

Martin