[Sugar-devel] Problem using sugar-update-control to update large (100+ MB) activity bundles

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue Jun 16 21:15:39 EDT 2009

When I wrote the sugar updater, I included all the code necessary to
transfer only the changed portions of a large zip file.
  http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/cscott/sugar-update-control/tree/bitfrost/util/urlrange.py
contains the interesting bits.  The only missing piece was a proper
manifest file format, which would allow you to download only the
manifest to determine which bits have changed, so you could then
download only the changed parts inside the zip file.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )