[Sugar-devel] webkit, hulahop; developing apps using browser engine DOM for widgets

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:23:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Bobby Powers<bobbypowers at gmail.com> wrote:
> While not hand-tuned, I believe on the latest rawhide-xo images (and
> Fedora 11) you can download
> http://dev.laptop.org/~bobbyp/surf/Surf-106.xo
> for a WebKit based browsing experience.  The packages pywebkitgtk and
> webkitgtk need to be installed, which they are on rawhide-xo.  Its a
> little rough around the edges (no autocomplete in the address bar, no
> downloads), but generally seems to work well.

Excellent! Two questions,

 - Do you know if it applies the funny scaling rule ("render @ 200dpi,
but scale as if the screen was 134dpi")?
 - Can we apply a patch that implements the 'School Server Moodle' integration?

Mihai -- maybe you could install rawhide-xo on one of your XOs, add
Surf.xo and see how Paintweb performs?

>  Now that WebKit seems
> to be better supported in F11+, I can try to bundle a modified webkit
> .so that reduces memory usage as much as possible.

That'd be *nice*!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions