[Sugar-devel] collaborative testing session (tomorrow's meeting, 17th June) reminder

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:11:18 EDT 2009

Hi folks,
   This is a reminder about the collaborative sugar testing session we
are having tomorrow, Wednesday 17th June at 19:00 UTC (That is 4 pm
EDT, 3pm EST, 2 pm CST, 1 pm MST, and 12 pm PST, most of Europe that
will be 9 pm, 8 pm for the UK)

We will have a good 10+ people present, if last weeks numbers are
anything to go by. We will be taking notes and storing log files of
the sessions, and will suggest ways in which the activity in question
might be more collaborative, or may need less of it (who knows :-)

We will be testing the activities that come pre-installed on the
openSUSE sugar images, but we'd like to test various distribution
methods (virtual appliance, cd, usb, hd) and various distros (at least
Fedora SoaS, openSUSE sugar, Mandriva or Caixa Magica) There will of
course be a transcript of the irc session too (we will meet at
#sugar-collaboration) and a report like last week. We forsee this
taking between 1 and 2 hours...

Daveb will be doing all the server side monitoring, such as ejabberd
load, etc. Last week's lag should now be fixed as he has added the
shared roster, and enabled gadget.

Here is the list of activities available on the opensuse sugar cd,
although not all are collaboration capable. Make sure you have the
activities you want to collaborate with installed if you plan to take
part:

sugar-finance
etoys
sugar-flipsticks-activity