[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ASLO Suggestion

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 04:55:51 EDT 2009

hmmm thanks Martin for that

I guess I'm confused because for me, a "set of demo Activities" is not
at all the same thing as "baseline Activities included in every Sugar
deployment".

I mean, to demonstrate online collaboration, I could choose a fancier
or more advanced Activity than might be on a list of more basic ones
used in deployments already. As an example, Read Etext's ability to
bring in an eBook from the tens of thousands in the Gutenberg Project,
have it read by Speak, then share it, is an ultracool demo. But, is it
in Fructose?

GCompris has doubled our Activity offer and although the collaboration
would include one or two GCompris Activities in any "demo set", if
only to market Sugar to teachers already using GCompris in their
classrooms these past few years.

Activity Packs (Sets? Groups? Bundles? Hives?) seem to me a key part
of deployments, but I'm not sure where they fit in the diagram :-( and
I can't find a list of packs actually used in deployments, do we have
one somewhere?

thanks

Sean