[Sugar-devel] webkit, hulahop; developing apps using browser engine DOM for widgets

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 04:43:32 EDT 2009

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:29:25PM +0100, Lucian Branescu wrote:
>>I meant the code. I really don't have time, but someone could do a
>>benchmark since there is code for Browse-webkit. As rough as it may
>>be.
>
> Ahh, I get it now .-)
>

>>Firefox is still way behind, especially on embedded devices.
>
> Possibly so.  Looking forward to someone with the time and skills doing
> an up-to-date, head-to-head comparison!

It will be interesting to see how some of the optimisations that
mozilla are doing for the Fennec mobile browser affect the performance
on the XO. They've been doing some fairly major stuff on pixman and
cairo to help performance which should help not only xulrunner but
also the gtk stuff as well.

Peter