[Sugar-devel] webkit, hulahop; developing apps using browser engine DOM for widgets

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:40:47 EDT 2009

Not now, I have my own work to do for GSoC.

I have talked to tomeu about what it would take to give Browse the
ability to switch between engines. The general conclusion was that
another layer of indirection would be needed, on top of
hulahop/pywebkitgtk that Browse would use.

Hand tuning or not, the JavaScript engine in webkit (or v8) are
significantly faster than Tracemonkey, that's for sure.