[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ASLO Suggestion

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Wed Jun 10 13:15:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 04:47:07PM +0100, Martin Dengler wrote:
> I'm not saying the existing Taxonomy is the sexiest or
> most-comprehensible-to-the-outsider, but it's well-aligned with the
> development/deployment processes and if we promote a completely
> orthogonal categorization it may cause a troublesome impedence
> mismatch.

This came out wrong: a *completely" orthogonal categorization / tag
set can be very sensible and could be great for the target audience.
A not-so-completely orthogonal one could cause confusion.  More
tersely: s/completely/incompletely/.  Sorry for any conflagrations.

I think it'd be great if there were categorizations that were
super-useful to Learners / etc. regarless of their utility to
developers.