[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ASLO Suggestion

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Jun 9 20:02:38 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 01:53:06AM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> Intuitively, I would expect ASLO to be polled by Sugar
> machines... in clicking, I expect the machine to figure out all by
> itself what it needs to be up to date...

Definitely, a good feature to have.  I was just talking about what
existed right now in SoaS (which is: no working updater, AFAIK).

> I guess the best way out of
> that is to ask OLPC to title that page "Search for OLPC updates"?

One could always change it and see if it got changed back :)

> >>  I only recently figured out how to browse files on a USB
> >> key from within Sugar :-)
> >
> > How can this be made easier for newcomers to learn?
>
> Re USB: a brief little popup saying "Your USB key is visible in the
> Journal" would be helpful I think.

That sounds like a nice feature to me.  In an ideal world you would
have time to file a bug report, and in a slightly-less-ideal world I'd
have time to do it for you instead of pointing this out :).

> Sean

Martin