[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ASLO Suggestion

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 19:53:06 EDT 2009

many thanks Martin for finding that thread for me, I have so much
going on I'm having trouble remembering keywords to look things up

Actually what faked me out was the fine print about XO software
update: it won't update to the latest Activity version on ASLO, just
the latest OLPC supported Activity version. Which is of course
perfectly logical now that I think about it, but as Activity versions
are coming fast & furious, I had lost confidence in the "Your software
is up-to-date" message... since I knew more recent versions were
available. Intuitively, I would expect ASLO to be polled by Sugar
machines... in clicking, I expect the machine to figure out all by
itself what it needs to be up to date... I guess the best way out of
that is to ask OLPC to title that page "Search for OLPC updates"?

Re USB: a brief little popup saying "Your USB key is visible in the
Journal" would be helpful I think.

Sean