[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ASLO Suggestion

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Jun 9 19:22:48 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:58:39AM +0200, Sean DALY wrote:
> Yes, that's the procedure when running Sugar and using Browse... which
> I wasn't doing. A couple of phrases removing the mystery will help us;
> it's a lowering-the-barriers issue... we can't assume everyone will
> alertly figure it out.

This is the email thread you may have been thinking of, with a "couple
of phrases" suggested:
http://n2.nabble.com/-Marketing--adding-or-updating-an-Activity:-two-typical-teacher-scenarios,-let%27s-%09lower-barrier-to-installation-td2981491.html
(ugh, that's a horrible link).

> After all, common sense tells you that Software Update in the
> Control Panel should check for Activity updates, which it sort of
> does, but also doesn't.

It does (check for activity updates that OLPC supports) on OLPC
builds.  The Software Update extension in the Control Panel doesn't
exist (well, it's broken and hidden) on SoaS.  So it either works as
designed, or isn't present.

>  I only recently figured out how to browse files on a USB
> key from within Sugar :-)

How can this be made easier for newcomers to learn?

> Sean

Martin