[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ASLO Suggestion

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 18:58:39 EDT 2009

Yes, that's the procedure when running Sugar and using Browse... which
I wasn't doing. A couple of phrases removing the mystery will help us;
it's a lowering-the-barriers issue... we can't assume everyone will
alertly figure it out.

After all, common sense tells you that Software Update in the Control
Panel should check for Activity updates, which it sort of does, but
also doesn't. I understand that that infrastructure is on the OLPC
side, but a friendly checkbox for activities.sugarlabs.org (with of
course the server-side magic necessary) would help a lot.

I have stringent wireless security at home and it's a pain to connect
my XOs wirelessly, so I usually temporarily run a cable to an Ethernet
USB adapter (the green Zoltan thing I got from XOexplosion). But I got
stuck with ASLO by downloading the xo packages on another computer, to
a USB stick; with no idea how to bring them into an XO or a netbook
running SoaS. I only recently figured out how to browse files on a USB
key from within Sugar :-)

Sean