[Sugar-devel] collaborative testing session (tomorrow's meeting) reminder

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 10:16:38 EDT 2009

Hi folks,
   This is a reminder about the collaborative sugar testing session we are
having tomorrow, Wednesday 10th June at 20:00 UTC (That is 4 pm EDT, 3pm
EST, 2 pm CST, 1 pm MST, and 12 pm PST, most of Europe that will be 9 pm, 8
pm for the UK)

We will have a good 5-10 people present, but more are welcome as we really
want to see how collaboration works on many activities where it isn't quite
obvious. We will be taking notes and storing log files of the sessions, and
will suggest ways in which the activity in question might be more
collaborative, or may need less of it (who knows :-)

We will be testing the activities that come pre-installed on the openSUSE
sugar images, but we'd like to test various distribution methods (virtual
appliance, cd, usb, hd) and various distros (at least Fedora SoaS, openSUSE
sugar, Mandriva or Caixa Magica) I dont believe 0.82 images are compatible
with 0.84 for collaboration, so am afraid this is for 0.84 only... Please
post your willingness to participate so we have an idea on who/how many will
be collaborating. We also need a volunteer to take notes, and a volunteer to

store logs files. There will of course be a transcript of the irc session
too (we will meet at #sugar-collaboration) We forsee this taking between 1
and 2 hours...

I need a volunteer that is shell savvy and can track cpu/ram usage on the
server that is running ejabberd. It will be a good opportunity to see real
life results within ejabberd, in terms of bandwidth usage, cpu usage, ram
usage, etc.

Here is the list of activities we will be testing, so make sure you have
them installed if you plan to take part (not all have collaborative
abilities, and for those that don't it can be a brainstorming session on
whether/how we can make them collaborative:

sugar-finance
etoys
sugar-flipsticks-activity
sugar-freecell