[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Getting data about the upgrading older machines and SoaS responsiveness.

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:38:52 EDT 2009

That's a good point, and I understand the thinking behind it, as if you are
not 'changing' anything in an existing setup, people are less afraid that
things might go terribly wrong. That's the reason we have ltsp on a usb
stick... because you can stick in a server, and test it without installing
anything. Think of it as SoaS server with beaurocratic advantages included
(taking care of networking, providing Sugar images, setting up user
accounts, providng collaboration if necessary. It is by no means the XS
server, nor should it try to be that, its just the desktop environment part
with ejabberd, if needed.. of course, it only works in wired environments.

kind Regards,
David (nubae) Van Assche