[Sugar-devel] [GSoC] SSB creator

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Jun 7 14:07:44 EDT 2009

On 7 Jun 2009, at 18:18, Lucian Branescu wrote:

> 1. I don't really want to zip it if I can avoid it. If I do zip it and
> get an .xo, how can I add it to the Journal programatically?
> 2. I've changed that. All SSBs are subdomains to org.sugarlabs.ssb
> (like org.sugarlabs.ssb.GMailActivity)
>
> 2009/6/7 Bobby Powers <bobbypowers at gmail.com>:
>> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Lucian
>> Branescu<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For my project, I will extend Browse with the ability to create
>>> SSBs.
>>> Read more here http://honeyweb.wordpress.com/2009/06/06/the-user-experience/
>>>
>>> I have made a small script that is triggered by a button in the
>>> Browse
>>> toolbar. It also works from Terminal.
>>>
>>> Later on this script will do more things, but I'd like some feedback
>>> about it as early as possible.

Just wanted to flag an item that might be of interest to you on the
0.86 Browse roadmap "export for offline viewing (Web page - HTML only,
Web page - Complete)":

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Roadmap/0.86#Browse

I know this doesn't make a first class 'Activity' out of a page, but
seems to have quite a feature overlap with your project. It would
allow Browse to keep any page to the Journal so it can be resumed off-
line and/or distributed to other users (via Journal entry sharing
already in 0.84). It would also allow content providers an easy way to
create and distribute more complicates/deep html/css/javascript/flash
type rich web sites/pages by just zipping them up.

Regards,
--Gary