[Sugar-devel] [GSoC] SSB creator

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:10:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Lucian
Branescu<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> For my project, I will extend Browse with the ability to create SSBs.
> Read more here http://honeyweb.wordpress.com/2009/06/06/the-user-experience/
>
> I have made a small script that is triggered by a button in the Browse
> toolbar. It also works from Terminal.
>
> Later on this script will do more things, but I'd like some feedback
> about it as early as possible.

Hi Lucian,

2 things:

1) rainbow should prevent you from creating new activities in
~/Activities, so I don't think that approach would work on an XO with
an OLPC build.  Since I think what you want is to create an activity,
zip it, and add it to the journal, you could probably do something
like this:
import tempfile
ssb_path = tempfile.mkdtmp(dir=activity.get_activity_root())

2) the bundle_id you create probably should begin with org.laptop , as
that could cause collisions with other activities.  maybe
org.sugarlabs.ssb ?

nice start so far!

bobby