[Sugar-devel] [math4] Activity Awards, Activity Alerts, Frame Alerts

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 17:31:12 EDT 2009

Yeah, somehow people have very clear memories of their today seemingly
innocent, but personally quite serious at the time,
achievements/awards/stars/buttons, or whatever it was. The journal seems
ilke the clear place to store this information, and it should be done in
such a way that it can be easily printed so as to put on the classroom wall,
the family wall, or even just one's personal wall. The starting and ending
of activities are awards in an of themselves... so these events can be
triggered. For some activities, I'd imagine starting and ending an activity
within a time frame (while getting things correct) would bring up yet
another type of award... or being the last to complete could give you a
thoroughness award... The ideas and possibilities are somehow endless here,
and its really about creating the framework so we can come up with some fun
concepts that can then be refined in real use cases.

I'd imagine that being finished with an activity would trigger something
like a beep (or some other sound, perhaps a personalised one... [that is
another area that I've been thinking about a lot recently too, more
personalisation of the user [[an avatar, personalised sound for event
triggers, mood emblem, best friends, pet, etc]], which can be shared or even
come from Moodle/Mahara which already has a lot of this stuff.] So going
back to the original question, how to know when someone has finished... Well
if every user can personalise their event trigger (like your mobile phone
ringer) then u'd get an idea of who is finishing what when., or starting for
that matter.

kind Regards,
David (nubae)