[Sugar-devel] More information on font scaling problem

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Fri Jun 5 16:42:05 EDT 2009

Gary,

Thanks for doing this.  I wish I could say it cleared things up but I
feel more confused than before.  You say these are both XO's with
different versions of Sugar.  I thought that the font behavior on the XO
was consistent, no matter what version of Sugar you used, but that you
needed to use the SUGAR_SCALING environment variable in other places to
make the fonts look OK.  That doesn't make sense because the zoom factor
should be 72, meaning that any font number you put in would be
multiplied by .72 and truncated to the next lowest integer.  Which is
just the opposite of what you'd want to do, because it's the XO that has
the font too big, not my development environment or SoaS.

Even the .84 one doesn't look right to me.  When I run sugar-emulator on
Fedora 10 the font looks *much* smaller than that.

Maybe sugar-emulator *is* providing SUGAR_SCALING but instead of 100 it
is using 72?

James Simmons