[Sugar-devel] More information on font scaling problem

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Fri Jun 5 11:32:19 EDT 2009

Tomeu,

I think I figured this out by looking at the code for
sugar.graphics.style.  It looks like my Sugar test environment needs to
have an environment variable SUGAR_SCALING defined and it needs to be
given a numeric value.  If I *don't* have such a variable then the
measurements are suited for an XO.  If I *do* have one than the numeric
value assigned to SUGAR_SCALING is multiplied by my specified font size
to get a larger font that looks good on sugar-emulator.

I'm guessing that Fedora 10 does not provide this environment
variable.   So the question is, what value would I specify for this
environment variable if I specified it?

Now on SoaS,  which should be .84, I'm seeing the same font issue I had
with sugar-emulator in Fedora 10.  Not only my app has a font which is
much too small, but Develop has a *really* small font for displaying
code, whereas the fonts in the rest of the app (where they likely used
the default) look fine.  I'm not using the very latest SoaS but the one
I have is only a few weeks old.

James Simmons