[Sugar-devel] Packaging Team (Was: Journal activity release 101 not tagged in Git)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 5 09:10:12 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 15:00, Jonas Smedegaard<dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 02:19:47PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

>>> Yeah, I guess you are right.  I just felt that more places than
>>> Gitorious targeted packagers, but maybe not.
>>
>>Well, I would like to see one day a Packaging Team in Sugar Labs with
>>its space in the wiki, meetings, etc but I'm not aware of any movement
>>yet in that direction.
>
> I fail to understand the purpose of such team.
>
> If you mean a team that produces various packages compatible with
> various distributions, then that won't replace the needs of most
> distributions, who would still want to care for its own official
> packages.
>
> If you mean a team that provides source to distributors, then isn't that
> a core task for the ReleaseTeam?

Would be a team formed by the people that are working with each distro
to deliver a good Sugar experience for their users.

Sugar on Debian would be a product of Debian, and Sugar on Fedora
would be a product of Fedora, but the packagers of each distro may
find useful a space in Sugar Labs to pool information and resources.
Or not, that's for packagers to decide.

Regards,

Tomeu