[Sugar-devel] Using Trac via email

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Fri Jun 5 09:05:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 02:19:52PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>>> ...and finally creating an account for myself at that Trac thingy.
>>> Does it have an email interface, [...]
>> There's a Trac plugin for creating new tickets for incoming emails,
>> but nothing to manipulate (including commenting on) existing bug
>> reports. :(
> There's a Perl Net::Trac module: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-Trac/
> but I failed to locate any sample scripts atually using it.
It'd probably be best to write/use a Trac plugin instead, as the XML-RPC
interface obviously needs online access. There's a generic one for email
interfaces [1] that includes creating a new ticket as a sample script,
but probably could be used to manipulate tickets as well.
As always, somebody with enough time needs to step up to actually do the
work...

> (I find the Debian mail-based bugtracker quite convenient)
Me too - except for the SPAM (due to the email addresses being
published).

[1] http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/MailToTracPlugin

CU Sascha

--