[Sugar-devel] More information on font scaling problem

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 5 05:16:44 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 16:40, James Simmons<jim.simmons at walgreens.com> wrote:
> I mentioned before that I'm having a font sizing problem on the XO
> running .82.  When I set a font on a textviewer it looks OK running
> under sugar-devel or SoaS by is *much* larger on the XO.

Sorry, in an earlier email i replied to you what would work in 0.84,
didn't realized you were talking about 0.82.

In 0.84 Pango knows the resolution of the screen and scales all fonts
accordingly. This means that by using, say 10, the font will always
look good in all hw.

In 0.82 didn't knew about the screen, so we were scaling all fonts by
using style.zoom().

Aleksey, do you have an idea about what can do activity authors that
wish to provide a single bundle that looks good both in 0.82 and 0.84?

Thanks,

Tomeu