[Sugar-devel] cool animation w/ all-javascript space invaders

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 04:18:18 EDT 2009

2009/6/5 NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu>:
> Have you tried it on an XO? I just had this "experience". Seems to me
> that we will not do animation with js ever...

Well, I don't think the js in that game is optimised at all. Very
jerky on my mid-range (non-XO) laptop.

There's lots of nice tricks you can do when scripting games in HLLs. I
wrote fairly snappy games with Macromind Director 3 in the era of 1x
CDROMS and the 'MPC' ;-)

More recently, I've seen Mihai Suncan's Paintweb go from unusably slow
to very usable on the XO. The xulrunner behind Browse.xo is fairly
fast, you just have to be smart in how you use it :-)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions