[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Labyrinth-7

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Jun 1 14:00:20 EDT 2009

Hi Simon,

On 1 Jun 2009, at 13:06, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> On 05/31/2009 08:56 PM, Gary C Martin wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Latest version of Labyrinth, fresh out of the oven.
>>
>> == Source ==
>>
>> http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/Labyrinth/Labyrinth-7.tar.bz2
>>
>> == Bundle ==
>>
>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4078/
>>
>> == Wiki page ==
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Labyrinth
>>
>> == News ==
>>
>> * Now supports "Keep to PDF" ("Keep to PDF" can be found under the
>> Keep button), so you can now upload PDFs of your maps for non-Sugar
>> users to view, or transfer them for easy printing.
>>
>> * Includes all the latest available language files, that covers at
>> least Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Kinyarwanda, Tamil,
>> and
>> I'm sure many more (it's hard to see the full list).
>>
>> Happy mind-mapping (tested on both XO-1 with 0.82, and sugar-jhbuild
>> 0.84)!
>>
>> Regards,
>> --Gary
>
> Awesome, does work very nicely. I can export to PDF just fine. The
> labeling "Keep to PDF" -> maybe as it is grouped under the "keep"
> button you only need to label it Postscript (PDF), as the Write
> activity is doing as well?

lol :-) To keep it similar to Write I had been using "Portable
Document Format (PDF)" as the string but thought it too ungainly, I'd
just taken it out prior to release:

	http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/labyrinth/repos/mainline/commits/84c9f787d5490cc1fdfeae2a5ccd5ca57b1c2c96

But your right, I just had a trigger finger on that change. I have a
bunch more export formats to add in an upcoming release (PNG, JPG) so
that menu will get larger anyway. I'll revert. :-)

> What I find a bit hard to find out from the interface is to use the
> right mouse click to move an item, or the windows-key+left mouse
> click to pan in the image. Hard to expose this as a button in the
> interface.

Yes... Tell me about it... It's been a real fix'er'upper as far as the
original GNOME Labyrinth UI 'design' (I use that word speculatively).
Lot's of things I'd like to improve, but lots of spaghetti...

> Maybe it could be mentioned in the first 'click to add a first
> thought'-bubble that there is more info on the wiki?

I set-up that 'click to add a first thought'-bubble to be part of a
multi step help hint to get you going, the intent was once you added
your first thought, you'd get some new help hint message telling you a
few more tricks. Good idea, bad idea?

Thanks for the test and feedback!

Regards,
--Gary