[Sugar-devel] Doubt

deepanshu arora deepanshuarora1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 02:54:06 EDT 2009

Dear community members,

I am Deepanshu Arora, a recent graduate from Netaji Subhas Institute Of
Technology, Delhi University. I have been exploring Sugar environment on my
Ubuntu machine, and have found it simply wonderful.

I went through FLOSS manuals for installing Sugar, and have encountered a
problem.

When i bring my mouse over the XO symbol in home view,i am not able to see
control panel option there.
Options it shows are:reboot,shutdown,register, about this XO.(no control
panel). As many  things are to be done with control panel (like
personalizing,*joining network*,updates etc.)..so  i am stuck because of
this.

is this some version problem??I have installed ubuntu 8.04.1 on my laptop.

or can i access control panel from somewhere else??(I can personalize it
from terminal but cant join network or share).

please help me out.Waiting for the reply.

Thanx
Deepanshu