[Sugar-devel] One click vs "options in palette" buttons (from the toolbar redesign thread)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Jul 31 06:50:43 EDT 2009

Another question that came up today (screenshot attached):

The share button has a regular palette. This is not a toolbar that can
be locked. We have one action buttons (e.g. keep one) and we have
buttons where the options have to be revealed (like the share one). How
do we make this distinction visible in the UI. Aleksey instinctively
choose the arrow. But that would clash with the toolbars, and led to
confusions.

Do we have ideas about that?

Thanks,
    Simon