[Sugar-devel] Wireless connection

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jul 30 21:28:03 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 05:14:40AM -0700, Abhishek Indoria wrote:
> I live in India, there are not so many hotspots here. Is there really,
> any way with which I can connect wirelessly to the internet without
> USB modems?

Yes, but only you would be able to locate the services and products.

> There are USB modems wireless connections, Can I connect to them too,
> WITHOUT actually owning an wireless USB modem?

No.

But, if someone who owns a wireless USB modem (a mobile telephone
network modem), and they are willing to share that access, then there is
a complex method available that uses an XO as a gateway for multiple
others.  It is a function of Linux.  This is handled in the XS,
server-devel mailing list.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/