[Sugar-devel] community influence on development

Greg Smith gregsmithpm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:24:22 EDT 2009

Hi Tomeu,

Thanks for the feedback.

On this:
>> I'm working on the GPA list (see:
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Gardner_Pilot_Academy). If others have
>> lists of requirements, send them out. Then perhaps Simon, Tomeu et al
>> can link to them from some Roadmap creation page. We may be further
>> along than we think.
>
> What about entering Feature pages? Or is that intended to happen only
> once we have a technical plan for the feature?
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy

I would enter a feature before there's an agreed technical design. I
try to start with requirements saying what the user needs to do
abstracted from the technology (e.g. user wants to write a weekly
assignment and keep it in a "notebook" which their teacher can see as
well). I just haven't decided yet which are the most important
features for GPA, aside from Back up and Restore which I did create.

Thanks,

Greg S