[Sugar-devel] buddy tagging

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jul 29 06:15:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

have added a "tags" property to buddies but it will work only for
Jabber connections for now.

In order to make it work for Salut, quite a bit of work would be
needed in the connection manager. Things get a bit more complex
because telepathy-salut is going to be heavily refactored really soon
now. Adding Sjoerd to CC in case he wants to comment or correct me.

What do people think, should we have tags in 0.86 only when using
ejabberd or should we push to make it work in salut as well?

Gary, the tags that will be published will come from a GConf entry
that could be set from a control panel section, does it sound good?

Regards,

Tomeu