[Sugar-devel] python hulahop article

Benjamin Smedberg benjamin at smedbergs.us
Mon Jul 27 13:11:10 EDT 2009

On 7/27/09 1:04 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>  where's a better place to discuss this?

mozilla.dev.platform (has a google-group and mail mirror, see
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platform).

>> We are not going to intentionally break other reflection layers without good
>>  reason, but neither are we going to slow down with improvements to the
>>  Mozilla platform in order for non-core functions like PyXPCOM to catch up.
>
>   have openkomodo and miro, just two projects that i know of that use
> pyxpcom, been made aware of this?

I'm not sure. I just found/recruited an active PyXPCOM maintainer (Todd
Whiteman at ActiveState) and have been working with him to get the code into a
separate repository and get active bug-tracking up for the project.

>  the price of being a big project, on which so much depends...
> awkward, isn't it? :)

Definitely!

--BDS