[Sugar-devel] Why am I so popular?

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jul 28 17:38:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Tomeu Vizoso<tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 00:28, Jim Simmons<nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Aleksey,
>>
>> If I was responsible for this I'd cover my tracks better.  I would
>> make Bastien's video insanely popular too.
>>
>> I was paying at least some attention to these numbers and it bugs me
>> that I can't trust them. Oh, well.
>
> Maybe all downloads from the same school use the same IP? Can we know
> where is each IP allocated?

I have seen that happen before.  A couple of times we have had bursts
of download from a single IP.  Those IPs have either been from a
school or a search engine.

The statistics generator for ASLO is just a python script which parse
the activities.sl.o access log.  It would be pretty straight forward
for someone to add a couple lines to add geoip functionality.

david