[Sugar-devel] Duplication of Effort: Don't do it.

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jul 28 02:23:29 EDT 2009

2009/7/28 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
> Regardless of what I said, I think your point of increased memory
> usage is a valid one and the community should voice its opinions on
> this trade off.

My opinion:

- Focusing resources on different technologies like this is a distraction
- It's an unjustified effort; I don't see lack of KDE software or lack
of pygtk-capable developers being a hinderance to the mission of
education
- It will cause resource usage to increase, so it should be avoided.
(there is no need to measure this, as there is no doubt that it will
be an increase. we should be working exclusively in the opposite
direction)

Daniel