[Sugar-devel] Duplication of effort

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:36:35 EDT 2009

Benjamin,

I would agree on not having QT in Sugar.  I use both QT and GTK
programs under Linux and while some QT programs are superior to their
GTK counterparts it isn't the toolkit that makes them superior.  I too
don't see much future in sugarizing existing QT or GTK apps.  Running
something like that is a bit like buying Windows 3.1 and using it to
multitask MS-DOS apps.

With webkit the situation is a bit more complex.  Having Read support
the epub format would be a big win for Sugar.  If webkit is the best
way to make that happen (I can't say it is or it isn't) it might be
worthwhile.

James Simmons