[Sugar-devel] Book bundles and Read

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sat Jul 25 00:02:46 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 04:53:33AM +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
> Hi Eben,
>
> On 25 Jul 2009, at 02:24, Eben Eliason wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Yes, book cover images, is the big missing feature with current
> >> Journal abilities when accessing external media (along with a Journal
> >> thumb view, but hopefully that feature is coming).
> >
> > We should provide a way to populate the previews for the entries
> > within content bundles. With this, and a grid view, we'd be in good
> > shape.
>
> The term "content bundles" is still pretty wooly for me. Are we
> talking zip files, perhaps with some formal structure?

Object Bundles[1] will deprecate .xol in 0.86 and in case of previews,
it will be regular field in METADATA file:
"preview_file = <file-inside-bundle-with-preview>"

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Object_Bundles
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Object_Bundles#METADATA_file

--
Aleksey