[Sugar-devel] enhancing the reading experience in Sugar

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jul 24 10:49:19 EDT 2009

Hi all,

during the last weeks we have seen very interesting discussions about
how to improve the reading experience in Sugar. Several members of the
community have provided very interesting feedback on top of the work
of Jim, Sayamindu and Aleksey.

How I see us moving forward:

- making sure bugs are filed in Trac and new features in the wiki per
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy . Also, design proposals
in http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals would be great.

- getting user feedback on Jim's activities and Sayamindu's Read
improvements. Would be also good to get some feedback about Aleksey's
Library activity.

For the latter, I think we need to propose something to the OLPC Sur
list that has a clear value to them. In the past this has worked with
quite good results.

What about a couple of short use cases that involve acquiring and
reading ebooks in Spanish? I think that would work well.

Also think it would be good to split the threads in sub-matters such
as "Collection distribution", "Search and tagging", "Content
browsing", "External device access", etc. so they can be followed more
easily.

Thanks all for your great work,

Tomeu