[Sugar-devel] Book bundles and Read

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Jul 23 23:51:43 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:52:28AM -0500, Jim Simmons wrote:
> Yesterday I had an email exchange with Scotty Auble of the Rural
> Design Collective project who have a list of 2,000 some odd books they
> want to distribute to Sugar users without requiring them to have
> Internet access.  The thought I had was Zip archives with a catalog
> file, perhaps in Dublin Core format, and a new Activity that would
> look inside these archives, generate a browsable catalog from the
> catalog file, and allow the child to select the books he likes and
> create Journal entries for them.  I copied this email to the IAEP list
> but not here.

We could utilize multi-object feature of [1], moreover in that case we
dont need any special catalg activities(catalog feature in activities)
excpet Journal - [1] will carry all metadata of books onside
bundle(including tags and Dublin Core metadata [2]).

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Server_Objects_Sharing
[2] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Plain_Query_Format

--
Aleksey