[Sugar-devel] amRe: [Cs-dev] Sugar on a Stick-andOLPCsound/Csound

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Thu Jul 23 15:30:11 EDT 2009

Hello, Peter,

At last the new csound-python became available and I installed it.

There is still an issue. The current log consists of:
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sugar/util.py:25: DeprecationWarning: the
sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead

import sha

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>

main.main()

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 105, in
main

module = __import__(module_name)

File "/home/liveuser/Activities/OurMusic.activity/ourmusic.py", line 42, in
<module>

import csndsugui

File "/home/liveuser/Activities/OurMusic.activity/csndsugui.py", line 36, in
<module>

import csnd

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/csnd.py", line 25, in <module>

_csnd = swig_import_helper()

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/csnd.py", line 17, in
swig_import_helper

import _csnd

ImportError: No module named _csnd

You will get the same error if you run cb.py from python.

I think I see some of the cause. My /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ now
includes: csnd.py, csnd.pyo, csnd.pyc, and _csnd.so - but _csnd.so is listed
in red with a black background. It is indeed an empty file, unlike the
others. (Other .so files in the same directory display content.)

(FWIW, when I try to install csound-python again, the response is that it is
already installed - so I'm not absolutely sure the download was good. It
seemed completely normal, however.)

Sorry to have to report this; I was so hopeful.

Art Hunkins