[Sugar-devel] Book bundles and Read

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:52:28 EDT 2009

Yesterday I had an email exchange with Scotty Auble of the Rural
Design Collective project who have a list of 2,000 some odd books they
want to distribute to Sugar users without requiring them to have
Internet access.  The thought I had was Zip archives with a catalog
file, perhaps in Dublin Core format, and a new Activity that would
look inside these archives, generate a browsable catalog from the
catalog file, and allow the child to select the books he likes and
create Journal entries for them.  I copied this email to the IAEP list
but not here.

I agree with the points Gary is making below and wonder if we need a
different kind of bundle that can be used to distribute collections of
books without requiring the child to install the whole collection.

James Simmons