[Sugar-devel] question about: Main Karma Package

Felipe López Toledo zer.subzero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:32:35 EDT 2009

>Exactly. the stuff common to all the lessons, like karma.css, jquery.js,
>goes in the top-level directory
>
>so  ROOT > js/ , css/ , karmaplatz.html, lessons/
>      lessons > js/, css/
>
>Does it seems like too much overhead to carry around the karmaplatz? I
>figure that most of the time devs will want the karmaplatz to accompany
>their lessons.
I just want to be sure that we're aware of this:
when someone saves that file (the html lesson), the structure will be
modified by the browser, now the lesson will not follow our layout.

(example) ff 3.5 creates one folder for the html document when you save it:
"document_files" and here are stored all the files (images, js, css ...)
that the html needs to work.

>I want the examples to use the same common js/ and css/ folders as
>lessons/ . By default, the links to the examples will appear in
>karmaplatz.html  .  I want the paths used in the examples to be the same
>ones that can be used by the new user-created lessons   in lessons/  .
>Using the same file directory layout makes this easier
agree

>Now that I'm actually looking at the layout, I realise that you MUST
>rename chakra.html/karmaplatz.html to index.html.
>
>If you host the karma bundle somewhere on a web server, when you go to
>the bundle ROOT path the server will try to serve index.html, because
>that's the default. Since it's not there, it will 403.
Thanks Lucian!
finally..it'll be "index.html" (aka Chakra)

felipe