[Sugar-devel] GPA Goals Status

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:51:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> On 21 Jul 2009, at 14:51, Greg Smith wrote:
>
> > I may also add a feature to share a file from one
> > computer to another. I want to see a lesson plan needing that first.
> > Then I'll try out the suggestions recently posted to the list before I
> > ask for a new feature.
>
> Have you tried using the "Send to --> friend" Journal feature?
> Obviously you need local collaboration working first, and added some
> friends:
>

> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.84/0.83.5_Notes#Journal_entry_palette

Send to sends to one person and we need to have one person (the teacher in
this use case) send to everyone in the class/neighborhood.

That said, I wonder if we can use this as a work around while we wait for
designers and programmers to figure out the usecase.

Is there a clever human engineering solution that would quickly allow each
kid to send it to two other kids and get full coverage quickly?  sort of
like a calling tree?  I think what I'm asking is how could I in a  classroom
management situation set up file sending tree quickly that includes everyone
and doesn't cause too much chaos and is resilient to kids being absent and
some kids being socially isolated.

> Regards,
> --Gary
>
> P.S. I think Collaborate mentioned something about sending via a
> Jabber server being more recently implemented, but not sure if that is
> an official release yet, or if Sugar is able to use it.

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com

617-500-3488 - Office